Thursday, March 27, 2008

The whos and whys


The idea of this blog came to me when I saw my sister Lien blog away about her knitting, life etc. I too, previously wrote a blog about life's little mysteries which has since been abandoned. I needed a new topic, one that I enjoy writing about and one that did not sound like a Seinfield rip off. What am I passionate about? FOOD my stomach growled, and the rest they say is history.

I have read some amazing blogs about people going to eat out, and I, like most people love reading realistic reviews on how crap the service really was. Due to my impending trip to Europe,I unfortunately cannot afford the lifestyle of a food critic, so second best would be the lifestyle of a chef (or cook)...Jamie Oliver and Nigela Lawson eat your heart out!

How many times have you looked at a lifestyle magazine or recipe book and wondered how realistic the pictures are? I mean, are the plates of food in the magazine the equivalent of an airbrushed (hair sprayed, lacquered - you get the idea) model. On the other hand, how many times have you made something so fantastic and mouth watering you think it should grace the pages of Gourmet Traveller?

I am making it my mission to find out for the foodies out there, and so I welcome you to Reality Bites Foodie.

I hope you will enjoy reading it as much as I will enjoy writing and cooking for it.

Lucille aka The One Chopstick Cook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds great One Chopstick Cook... I hate wasting my time completing those recipes, only to have the final product turn out like rubbish just minutes before my guests arrive. I can't wait to follow your realistic reviews and make my future dinner parties master pieces not disasters!

Thanks One Chopstick Cook!

Lien said...

Great idea!! Can't wait to sample the food!!